You know, I've very cautiously steered clear of writing a ranting blog, not wanting to be clumped among the others who yell and scream about things that they can never change or aren't even trying to. Nor have I ventured into humor, having a dry wit that doesn't always translate well in print. Today, however, as I take a break from my latest writing venture, I'm going to try my hand at having fun. You know what? I'm even going to toss in some inside jokes.
So with Gretchen Wilson's "Here for the Party" bouncing out of the speakers, let's see what I can do...
Resolutions for 2006 (in no particular order)
* Work in the yard more, find more bugs with Gavie, and marvel at the way pure vinegar kills weeds
* Open that pilates DVD I bought six months ago and exercise, then buy another pink dress
* Go out dancing to celebrate my 30th birthday before I hit 33 this year
* Keep up with "Killing Julie" and reach my 300 page goal by the end of the year
* Find the telephone and use it to call people I like
* Clean out my closet and donate all of those pre-baby clothes I "might" fit into again to people who will actually wear them
* Learn that I do not have to keep out-of-focus or unflattering photographs. (And those pictures of people whose names I forget? They might just go, too.)
* Drink good wine and eat my veggies. Not necessarily together, mind you.
* Ride a shopping cart across the Giant Eagle parking lot. (If you have it loaded with enough groceries to balance out your weight, you can get a good running start and hop right on. The fact that my Giant Eagle's parking lot has a slight incline might make it all the more intersting.)
* Visit relatives and friends that I like, and not feel the need to visit or deal with the ones that I only tolerate.
* Put my MS in Leadership & Business Ethics to good use and find an adjunct position at Seton Hill University, my beloved alma mater.
* Paint my gameroom (once it's finished) in fun, non-Martha colors -- I'm thinking plum for at least one wall. Peacock blue sounds like a pip, too. If I ever do it, I'll post the pics!
* Convince my husband that the basement needs to be finished and turned into a gameroom.
* Take down the teddy bear boarder in this room before I start acting like the wife in Charlotte Perkin's (?) short story, "The Yellow Wallpaper."
* Start looking at options for my next degree, but refrain from signing up for anything for at least a year!
* Write more blogs.
Hmmm... well, it's a start! And that, dear readers, is all for now.