Monday, July 23, 2007

Captain Chaos Strikes Again!

If you ask me just how tall little Chaos is, I can now tell you that he is exactly tall enough to begin dragging a kitchen chair over to the fridge and reach for whatever Forbidden Fruit sits atop it. Yesterday, it was Scotch Tape.

Eager to save a coloring book from the terror of a ripped page, he decided that tape was the answer. Eager to prove that "only four" is actually "already four" and that Mommy doesn't know what she is talking about when she says "no, I'll get it for you in a minute," Chaos took matters into his own hands.

The next thing I know, he is dragging a kitchen chair across the room and shoving it up against the fridge, climbing up, standing on tip-toe, stretching to reach...

He's just not quite tall enough, readers, to do more then curl his little hands around the top of the freezer door and pop the seal.

The next thing you see if my four-year-old hanging on, his little feet dangling, as the freezer door swings wide open.

It was, in his estimation, the coolest thing ever. When my heart starts beating again, I'll let you know if I second the motion.

No comments: